The health and safety of all visitors to SHRM conferences remains our top priority. We are closely monitoring government mandates and policy changes, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and public health advancements. As information pertaining to the virus continues to develop, we will adjust our approach as needed and keep you up to date with new developments to ensure a coordinated effort and a safe environment for all SHRM conference attendees.
We will continue to follow CDC and Washington, D. C. guidelines.
Hand Sanitizer Stations
We will have hand washing facilities and/or sanitizing systems easily accessible to everyone throughout the event.
Social distancing practices will be implemented according to all venue, local and state guidelines.
No Contact Policy
To assist in minimizing potential physical contact, elbow bumps are a great alternative to handshakes.
Health and Safety Signage
Signage will be placed to remind all attendees to social distance and frequently wash and sanitize their hands.
Conference attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and speakers will be required to participate in a wellness check before they receive their event badge. Everyone will be asked the following questions before they will receive their badge and gain entry into the conference:
- Are you fully vaccinated?
- In the past 24 hours, have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms?
- Have you or people whom you have close contact with, like someone who lives in your house, a relative, a friend, or a co-worker
- tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days or
- had any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days?
Safety Measures at the Washington Hilton
Hilton Hotels have maintained strict adherence to CDC, state, local and regulatory guidance throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to do so. That includes mask requirements, where applicable, as well as continued monitoring of the situation, enhanced cleaning procedures, encouragement of frequent hand washing, and screening requirements where required.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Enhanced public space cleaning: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection, particularly in areas with high traffic including restrooms, elevators and escalators as well as provided more hand sanitizing stations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Staff members will wear PPE (e.g., face coverings, gloves, etc.) based on the activities they are performing and based on direction by the local authorities. As per local law, guests are also required to wear personal face coverings. We provide face masks free of charge to the guests. Disinfectant wipes are available to guests upon request.
- Housekeeping service: Every guest room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival. We will provide daily housekeeping during your stay.
- For more information about the safety procedures and protocols that Hilton has put into place at all their hotels, click here.
By registering and attending SHRM conferences, you consent to the following policies:
- Photography and/or recording (including audio and video) during the SHRM Conference is allowed for personal and private use only.
- Photos and/or recordings cannot be copied, altered, sold, exhibited, or further distributed without SHRM’s prior written consent.
- Photos and/or recordings are the exclusive property of SHRM. SHRM retains the right to revoke consent.
- No disruptions due to photography and/or recording shall be allowed, and violators may lose attendance privileges.
- SHRM will strictly follow COVID-19 safety procedures as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Washington, D.C., and any other governing Federal or local government agency.
- During your attendance at the SHRM Conferences in Washington, D.C., you will be required to support our COVID-19 Safety Measures, and strictly follow our COVID-19 policies and procedures. These COVID-19 policies and procedures may include but are not limited to personal sanitization, mandatory face covering, and social distancing. These policies and procedures may be modified at any time in advance of or during the SHRM Conferences in Washington, D.C.
Waiver of Lawsuit/Release of Liability:
- COVID-19 WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ATTENDING THE 2022 SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCES (SHRM) CONFERENCES IN WASHINGTON, D.C. WARNING RELATED TO COVID-19 INFECTION*
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and is very contagious.
- COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
- SHRM has taken and will continue to take all reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure; and therefore, in choosing to attend SHRM Conferences you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to COVID-19 and its potential health risks.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- I have read and understand the above warning concerning COVID-19. I acknowledge that attending a SHRM Conference is of value to me and that I accept the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 in order to attend. Therefore, I choose to accept the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and I agree that I am personally responsible for my safety and actions while attending SHRM Conferences.
- WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/ RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- I, for myself, my family, successors, and assigns hereby forever release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue SHRM, its board of directors, board members, officers, agents, servants, affiliates, employees, successors, and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity associated with SHRM Conferences.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorney fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to bodily injury, death, loss of use, monetary loss, or any other injury from or related to my attendance at SHRM Conferences specifically related to COVID-19.
We are committed to implementing conscious and intentional measures to not only combat COVID-19, but promote healthy best practices that will become the protocol for all events during high- and low-risk time periods alike.
Please continuously check back here. We will continue to revise our procedures as needed to reflect the current state of the pandemic.
Visit Navigating COVID-19 and the future of work for more SHRM resources and support.
*As times are changing, so too, are our policies