SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential - San Francisco (Same location as SHRMTech 2023 | NorCal)
Sunday and Monday, March 5-6, 2023
In Person Location
"Grand Hyatt San Francisco (Same location as SHRMTech 2023 | NorCal)"
SHRM Member: $1,755.00
To add on a preconference offering to your registration:
- Click register on the rates page and make sure to login to your SHRM account. You’ll see the option to register for an In-Person Pass, click “Next”, and this is where you can select to add on to your registration. Continue to the checkout process and you’re all set!
- OR contact SHRM Customer Experience to assist with adding onto your registration.
Already hold your SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential?
Don't let your SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential expire. Start your journey to maintain it today. If you already hold your specialty credential, get confirmation that you’ve kept up with everything over the past three years including over 75 bill and law changes and implications by extending your specialty credential for another three years. This entirely new experience is focused on the application and implications in the unique and unusual circumstances so that you can heighten your expertise and elevate your strategy.
Gain the critical knowledge needed to develop employment guidelines that satisfy the intricate California labor code – including 24 updated laws in 2022 alone, minimize potential litigation risks, and meet the strategic objectives of your organization. The SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential allows you to experience the full scope of dynamic and unique challenges human resource professionals face on a daily basis while leading workforces in California. Its more than just mitigating risk, earning this credential will empower you to run a high-performing, compliant business in this incredibly complex terrain.
Individuals who practice or conduct business in California who are interested in earning a Specialty Credential that demonstrates the ability to understand and apply California's complex employment law and HR intricacies.
How to earn your SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential
Purchase the SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential learning package includes all three of the following components:
- Enrollment the California HR: Applying CA Law to Employment Practices program. This program includes an eLearning course called Foundations of CA Employment Law that should be completed before the program begins.
- Five comprehensive SHRM e-Learning courses on California-specific topics:
- CA Wage and Hour Laws
- CA Privacy, Safety and Security
- CA Mandated Benefits and Workers Compensation Insurance
- CA Protected Leaves of Absence
- CA Employee and Employer Relations
- A 50-question online California knowledge assessment.
After passing the assessment, add your Specialty Credential to your email signature, resume and social media profiles, proving your specialty in California HR to your employer and your network.
You do not have to be SHRM certified to earn the Specialty Credential, however you will receive 26.5 PDCs toward your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification or recertification upon completion of the California knowledge assessment.
Attention SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential holders!
The 26.5 PDCs that you earn toward recertification when pursuing your SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential will auto populate in your SHRM certification profile.