What Do You Mean I’m Now a Multi-State Employer?
Attendees will learn the compliance challenges of having employees in multiple states in the U.S. One of the outcomes from the COVID-19 pandemic has been employers allowing and even encouraging employees to work remote.
In many cases, this has resulted in employees setting up offices in locations out of state. If your company has continued to treat these people as employees in your corporate state of operation, you’ve opened yourself up for a tax and compliance nightmare. Join us to learn about the risks and rewards of being a multi-state employer, the steps involved in doing it correctly, and the key challenge areas for employment law compliance.
- What makes you a multi-state employer?
- Which state laws do you need to follow?
- Is a home office any different?
- How a multi-state operations impact payroll, benefits, and general compliance.
- How best to set up an HR department that can handle multi-state operations