Social Media Background Screening. Is it Right for My Company?
Attendees will learn how to navigate through legal and practical pitfalls of using social media and the internet as part of the hiring process.
Employers and recruiters have discovered a treasure trove of information on potential job applicants online. However, the unrestricted use of social media and search engines in the hiring process can be risky. This session will examine the pros and cons of utilizing social media, including what is available online, discrimination issues, the use of legal off-duty conduct, privacy, accuracy and authenticity. Learn strategies for getting the information you may need while minimizing potential dangers.
- Learn how employers, human resources, and recruiters are using search engines and social network sites to source and screen candidates.
- Review what sites are available and what you may find.
- Understand the risks in using these sites.
- How discrimination laws and rules concerning off-duty conduct apply.
- Uncover best practices for all stakeholders: Employers, HR, recruiters, and the job applicant.
- Learn how to guard against fraudulent online degrees and job histories.