Equity@Work: Unlocking opportunities
| Intended Audience: All Levels
Attendees will hear from executives responsible for shaping and implementing programs that address the purpose, process, and impact of identifying and removing barriers that prevent access to and opportunity for specific segments of the workforce.
As we navigate our way through unprecedented times, organizations and individuals are rethinking their position on policies and processes that unfairly impact access to work opportunities. Join us for a conversation with executive leaders who are challenging their organizations and partners to make the bold changes necessary to create a more inclusive environment by removing barriers that prevented too many from having the opportunity to thrive in the workplace.
Barriers in focus include: 1) hiring workers with criminal histories, 2) the 4-year degree bias that disproportionately impacts people of color, and 3) outdated regulations and corporate policies.
Jocelyn Lincoln – Chief Talent Officer at Kelly will moderate a direct and action driven discussion with:
- Karen S. Carter, Chief Human Resources Officer and Chief Inclusion Officer, The Dow Chemical Company
- Chok Ooi, Co-Founder and CEO, Kenzie Academy
- Dr. Danette Howard, Chief Strategy Officer and Senior Vice President at Lumina Foundation
- Peter Quigley, President & CEO, Kelly
This session is presented in partnership with Kelly and the SHRM Foundation.
- Increase awareness of key barriers that are preventing equitable access to opportunity in the workplace, and the actions of leading organizations to remove those barriers.
- Heighten understanding about which communities are being denied equitable access to opportunities because of these barriers.
- Walk away with specific actions you can take to change internal policies and processes within your organization.
- Understand the economic and social impact of these barriers.
Presenter:Karen S. Carter, Chief Human Resources Officer and Chief Inclusion Officer,
Presenter:Chok Ooi, CEO,
Presenter:Dr. Danette Howard, Senior Vice President & Chief Policy Officer,
Presenter:Peter Quigley, President and Chief Executive Officer,
Moderator:Jocelyn Lincoln, Chief Talent Officer and Vice President, Global Business Planning,