Military and Veteran Family Inclusion: UNDERSTAND the Cultural Paradigm and ELEVATE Your Organization
Pacific Jewel A
Competencies: Business (Behavioral), Leadership (Behavioral), People (Technical) | Intended Audience: Beginner (Committing to I&D), Senior-Level (Elevating DEI), Intermediate (Fostering DEI)
Pave the way for military and veteran cultural understanding – mold the conversation for your organization to shape a culture inclusive to active duty transitioning military members, reservists, national guard, veterans, and military families.
Session seating is first come, first served. Thank you for your cooperation.
Have you ever served in the Armed Forces? Do you have questions about veterans or military families that would prepare or strengthen you in your current role? Do you have any wonders about military culture, especially as it relates to diversity and/or inclusion? If you answered yes to any of these questions, presenter Omari Faulkner, who has answered yes to all these questions at one point or another in his life, will clear the air. Through shared personal experiences, data, and hands-on practice, Omari will provide attendees with transparent knowledge that challenges any notion or business strategic plan which doesn’t include veterans and military families and provide direction on elevating your organizational culture to encompass this key community. Together, let’s hire more veterans!
- Discover steps you and your organization can take to shape and enhance a robust, inclusive culture for veterans and military families.
- Understand why many fail to attract, hire, and retain veterans due to stereotypes, unconscious bias, lack of understanding, or limited resources.
- Learn how diverse the military family is and why inclusion is woven into its fabric and culture.
- Review the value proposition of military families (spouses, partners, children, adult dependents, caregivers, etc.) and why their roles are so paramount to our military’s mission and the operational success of companies both large and small.
- Understand the practices related to both integrating reservists and national guard into your workforce and transitioning military members as their service period ends, and why it matters to companies.