Belonging at Work: How to Turn Strategy into Results
Pacific Jewel A
Competencies: Business (Behavioral), Interpersonal (Behavioral), Organization (Technical) | Intended Audience: Intermediate (Fostering DEI)
Attendees will gain a better understanding of what belonging means in the modern workplace and receive actionable advice on new technologies, resources and frameworks available to help leaders define, enhance and measure belonging in their own workplace.
Session seating is first come, first served. Thank you for your cooperation.
The business case for diverse and inclusive teams has been proven, yet many companies still struggle to attract, grow, and retain diverse talent. DE&I and HR leaders know that a culture of belonging is key to unlocking the bottom-line impact that only diverse and inclusive companies can achieve. While belonging is not a new concept, it’s often misunderstood and conflated with inclusion, and many organizations struggle to drive sustained impact that delivers the business outcomes a culture of belonging promises. As a result, HR and DE&I leaders are left unsure of how to define, measure and advance a culture where employees feel they belong and leaders are held accountable.
In this session, Sherika Ekpo, Interim Chief People Officer at Anaplan, and Jasmine Sanders, Center for Equality, Gender and Leadership (EGAL), Haas School of Business at University of California, Berkeley will share evidence-based frameworks and practices from the Belonging Playbook, a free resource created in partnership by their organizations that bridges research with the business world to provide actionable insights for HR and DE&I leaders to foster belonging.
- Implement strategies to combat organizational challenges HR leaders can face when implementing belonging practices.
- Better define belonging and more effectively align it with business goals.
- Create a measurement strategy that goes beyond the standard employee survey or inclusion index to continuously measure belonging.
- Leverage a simple assessment tool to identify where on the spectrum of belonging their organization currently sits.
- Identify specific root causes within their current employee experience to prioritize which strategic plays to focus on to advance belonging within their organization today.
Presenter:Sherika Ekpo, Interim Chief People Officer,
Presenter:Jasmine Sanders, Ph.D. Student, Sociology – UC Berkeley,
Center for Equity, Gender & Leadership at Haas School of Business