Retaining Your Diverse Talent Through the Proven Power of Intentional Mentorship
1.00 SHRM PDCs | Competencies: Global & Cultural Effectiveness, HR Expertise, Leadership & Navigation | Intended Audience: All Levels
Learn new and innovative solutions to support diversity retention and development initiatives while increasing productivity.
The annual spend on diversity retention in the United States is $16 billion, but companies are still finding it difficult to keep their diverse talent from leaving for competitors. That's because the old approaches don't account for the Millennial workforce and the future of work. With 37% of diverse professionals leaving their employers per year, companies understand that retaining their next-generation leaders is essential to staying competitive in the market and developing strong future leaders. In this session, we will cover how intentional mentorship is the missing tool in your diversity retention strategy by reviewing software, products, and engagement metrics you can take back to your company today to begin seeing results within a six-month period.
- Discover the "diversity retention lifecycle": illustrating the tools and resources available for companies at every stage of their diversity retention strategy development.
- Learn why diversity retention matters beyond your careers page—and explore examples of organizations that have exceeded diversity retention goals and how you can replicate these results within your company.
- Discuss how mentorship of diverse talent has to be intentional and specific to the climate of the workforce. Details will be shared about the difference between mentoring all talent and mentoring diverse talent, and why being intentional with the delivery matters.
- Gain mentorship options for every budget.
- Learn how to go beyond talking about retaining diverse talent to implementing processes that help move the needle forward.
- Learn how to set realistic expectations with leadership.