Future Proof Your Workforce Now: Five Strategies to Upskill Your Talent
Competencies: Leadership (Behavioral) | Intended Audience: Mid-Level, Senior-Level
Attendees you will be able to identify the skills of the future, develop a skills taxonomy, and create a learning culture.
Does your workforce currently have the skills to compete in the digital world of tomorrow? The world economic forum reported in the next five years that 85 million jobs will be gone due to automation, but 97 million jobs will be created. Companies need to respond and implement upskilling and reskilling initiatives in order remain competitive in this fast-paced digital technology world. During this dynamic, interactive session we'll cover five strategies to upskill and reskill your talent and future proof your workforce.
- Learn the basics of upskilling and reskilling and the critical differences and applications.
- Identify and create a robust skills taxonomy to determine skill gaps as well as metrics to track your progress.
- Create and use a 'holistic skills profile' for employees that determine their career path and career fulfillment.
- Build an infrastructure to analyze employee skills gaps and quickly serve up opportunities for training and development.
- Create a culture of joint responsibility and accountability that lead to employee retention and fulfillment.
In-person session offerings are on a first-come, first-served basis.
To view all event accessibility & accommodations details visit here.
If a speaker has provided session materials, please visit https://presentations.shrm.org.
All virtual sessions inherently run the risk of audio or visual issues due to factors out of our control. If any technical difficulties arise, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work diligently to resolve it. Virtual sessions are recorded and are available to view on demand until Friday, May 19 at 8:00 AM ET (excluding networking sessions marked as “Live Virtual Only”).