The Top Ten Trends for Background Checks in 2022 - What Every Employer Needs to Know
Willow Lake 3-5
Competencies: Business (Behavioral), People (Technical)
Problem employees cause employee problems, and this session will help HR professionals avoid bad hires while staying in legal compliance.
Failure to conduct due diligence during hiring can create a legal and financial nightmare including lawsuits for negligent hinging and fraudulent workers. However, failure to comply with numerous state and federal laws and regulations also carries extreme risks. A number of class action lawsuits under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) have been filed against employers. In addition, employers must comply with “Ban the Box” Laws and Fair Chance Hiring rules that give ex-offenders second chance. Learn legally complaint best practices to keep a business productive and out of court, including how to obtain and utilize criminal record and background information on job applicants. Get updated on the recent legal developments and cutting edge issues.
- Learn why background checks and due diligence have become mission critical for employers.
- Understand the basics of a negligent hiring lawsuit and defenses that work and do not work.
- Avoid class action lawsuits under the Fair Credit Reporting Act Get acquainted with cutting edge issues such as the EEOC focus on criminal records and credit reports and the use of social network sites.
- Learn how to spent fraudulent employment and education credentials.
- Understand the importance of giving ex-offenders a second chance and compliance with “Ban he Box” laws and Fair Chance hiring rules.
- Learn steps your organization can take today to implement a legally compliant program and to hire the best employees.