Maximizing Inclusion While Minimizing Backlash
Salon D (Third Floor)
1.00 SHRM PDCs | Competencies: Business Acumen, Global & Cultural Effectiveness, Leadership & Navigation | Intended Audience: Senior-Level (Elevating I&D)
Learn tactics to recognize, reduce and/or eliminate practices that tend to create backlash related to inclusion and diversity by using a strategic inclusion model.
Resistance to I&D efforts can create barriers to organizational progress and success. Eric will highlight a strategic inclusion model that minimizes backlash from employees who may feel excluded by a focus on I&D. Successful implementation strategies will be shared that have accelerated program adoption in several Fortune 500 companies and other leading organizations.
- Identify I&D strategies and practices that can cause backlash from dominant and nondominant culture employees.
- Use five core principles to increase I&D buy-in by employees and prevent backlash.
- Describe the Inclusion Power 3 Model for mitigating backlash.
- Apply the model to reduce the negativity of implicit bias and subjective judgment within the performance evaluation process.
- Utilize practical tools and templates for application within your organization.