By registering and attending SHRM conferences, you consent to the following policies. These policies are strictly enforced, apply to all exhibitors, speakers, vendors, sponsors and attendees, and are without exception.
Code of Conduct
At all SHRM conferences, our goal is to provide a safe and positive event experience and we expect our attendees, exhibitors, speakers, vendors and sponsors to follow these codes of conduct. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated at any time and may result in immediate removal from the conference, in-person or virtual.
- Be considerate of those with whom you may interact.
- Be collaborative with others.
- Be respectful of others’ viewpoints that may be different from your own.
- Be mindful of your words and actions.
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language including, but not limited to, discriminatory behavior or language based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other similar categories.
- Visual harassment, such as displaying sexual or offensive images OR inappropriate language at the course, meeting, or event, including in presentations, slide decks, as backgrounds, or on clothing visible to attendees.
- Intimidation or bullying, either online and/or in-person.
- Possession of a weapon or something that could be construed as a weapon during the course, meeting, event, or on video.
- Photographing, or video- or audio-recording of slides, oral, or poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission.
- Possession or mention of illegal substances during the course, meeting, event, or on video.
- Sharing your event registration with another person(s).
- Inappropriate disruption of courses, meetings, or events.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Violating the rules and regulations of the online platform on which the course, meeting, or event is held.
For safety reasons, anyone under the age of 18 is not allowed to attend a SHRM conference. Strollers or infant carriers (worn or carried) are not permitted at any time in the Expo, conference sessions or receptions held.
Solicitation cannot take place in the aisles or any other space in the conference venue not leased to exhibitors. Sidewalks, parking lots, and surrounding areas of the Convention Center are property of the convention center, not SHRM. Exhibitor staff, uniformed personnel, or any person representing the marketing, or the promotion of the exhibiting company are not allowed to utilize this space for solicitation purposes.
Video and Photo Consent
By attending the event, you acknowledge that your image may be captured on video or in photos taken on behalf of SHRM. You further provide SHRM the right to use candid group photos or videos without securing additional permission, provided those images are not accompanied by further personally identifying information.
- Photography and/or recording (including audio and video) during the SHRM Conference is allowed for personal and private use only.
- Photos and/or recordings cannot be copied, altered, sold, exhibited, or further distributed without SHRM’s prior written consent.
- Photos and/or recordings are the exclusive property of SHRM. SHRM retains the right to revoke consent.
- Photos and/or recordings may be posted on SHRM's official social media pages during and after the conference.
- No disruptions due to photography and/or recording shall be allowed, and violators may lose attendance privileges. This includes drones, personal professional photography equipment and applies to attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, speakers and vendors.
You may be asked additional consent for any interviews, etc. In which case, an additional form will be asked to be filled out.
Presenters may share additional media and resources as part of their session or session record. These resources are provided for attendees’ personal use and are not for distribution unless the resource explicitly states that it can be broadly distributed, or written permission is individually granted by the presenter. In either case, proper attribution to the original creator is required.
Social Media Policy
SHRM encourages our attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors and vendors to share their experience at SHRM conferences.
By sharing photos and videos on social media channels, you are consenting that SHRM may reshare, repost and use those photos and videos prior, during, and after the conference.
Make sure you are using the conference hashtag #SHRMVLBM to be featured.
COVID-19 Health and Safety
As information pertaining to COVID-19 requirements is ever evolving, we will continue to update as needed based on state, local and venue requirements.
During your attendance at SHRM events, you will be required to support our COVID-19 safety measures and strictly follow our COVID-19 policies and procedures. These COVID-19 policies and procedures may include but are not limited to personal sanitization, mandatory face covering, and social distancing. These policies and procedures may be modified at any time in advance of or during SHRM events.
Volunteer Leaders’ Business Meeting 2022 is an in-person experience, customized for participants in the mobile event app. In both the in-person or online experience, contact information sharing with other participants (attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and vendor representatives) is controlled through a participant’s own preferences and interactions. Provided you supply your name, title, company, address, company size, department size, and job function (“Participant Registration Data”), the information may be disclosed to the sponsors. Virtually, Participant Registration Data may be captured for exhibitors and sponsors if a participant chooses to share it by engaging in sponsored sessions or booth demos; submitting Participant Registration Data to the exhibitor at the virtual booth; engaging in direct communication with vendor representatives through the platform; scheduling exhibitor meetings; or entering official raffle opportunities, offers and games. However, by attending an in-person event you consent to the release of your Participant Registration Data to the sponsors. The Participant Registration Data does not include fax or phone numbers or email addresses.
Please note that in the mobile app, soliciting is not permitted.
SHRM believes in providing equal opportunity for everyone. If you have additional accessibility accommodation requests or have any questions, please reach out to us using this accommodation form. Please allow for appropriate lead time for any accommodation request. You will receive a response within 1 business day acknowledging receipt.
When you register for live events, you may also be prompted to specify additional accommodation needs.
Waiver of Lawsuit/Release of Liability:
COVID-19 WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ATTENDING THE 2022 SHRM CONFERENCES.
- WARNING RELATED TO COVID-19 INFECTION
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and is very contagious.
- COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
- SHRM has taken and will continue to take all reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure; and therefore, in choosing to attend SHRM Conferences you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to COVID-19 and its potential health risks.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- I have read and understand the above warning concerning COVID-19. I acknowledge that attending a SHRM Conference is of value to me and that I accept the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 in order to attend. Therefore, I choose to accept the risk of exposure to COVID-19, and I agree that I am personally responsible for my safety and actions while attending SHRM Conferences.
- WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/ RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- I, for myself, my family, successors, and assigns hereby forever release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue SHRM, its board of directors, board members, officers, agents, servants, affiliates, employees, successors, and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity associated with SHRM Conferences.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorney’s fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to bodily injury, death, loss of use, monetary loss, or any other injury from or related to my attendance at SHRM Conferences specifically related to COVID-19.