The health and safety of all visitors to SHRM conferences remain our top priority. We are closely monitoring government mandates and policy changes, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and public health advancements. As information pertaining to the virus continues to develop, we will adjust our approach as needed and keep you up to date with new developments to ensure a coordinated effort and a safe environment for all SHRM conference visitors. Click here to download the COVID Policies for Talent, or continue reading below!
We will continue to follow CDC and Clark County, NV guidelines. Effective, July 30, 2021, Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak mandated that everyone, including those who are fully vaccinated, wear a face mask while in public indoor settings, including resorts and casinos, restaurants, bars, showrooms, and meeting spaces. The directive aligns with the latest CDC guidance.
As part of the health and safety measures, event security will remind attendees who are not wearing a mask to wear a mask per the state’s guidance. Anyone who ignores the policy will be asked to leave the conference.
Masks are also still required on all public transportation and transportation hubs per CDC guidance.
Hand Sanitizer Stations
We will have hand washing facilities and/or sanitizing systems easily accessible to everyone throughout the event.
Social distancing practices will be implemented according to all venue, local and state guidelines. Our meeting floors will be set at capacity at less than 75%.
No Contact Policy
To assist in minimizing potential physical contact, elbow bumps are a great alternative to handshakes.
Health and Safety Signage
Signage will be placed to remind all attendees to social distance, wear masks at all times, and frequently wash and sanitize their hands.
Conference attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and speakers will be required to participate in a wellness check before they receive their event badge. Everyone will be asked the following questions before they will receive their badge and gain entry into the conference:
- Are you fully vaccinated?
- In the past 24 hours, have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms?
- Have you or people whom you have close contact with, like someone who lives in your house, a relative, a friend, or a co-worker
- tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days or
- had any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days?
COVID Trace is a free, easy-to-use mobile app developed by the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services that notifies you if you’ve likely been exposed to COVID-19. Download Here.
To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please do not attend in-person the SHRM conferences in Las Vegas. If you are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19 but would still like to get tested, please click here.
We’ve also identified the closest COVID-19 testing locations:
Safety Measures at CAESARS FORUM Conference Center Las Vegas
Caesars Entertainment has maintained strict adherence to CDC, state, local and regulatory guidance throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to do so. That includes mask requirements, where applicable, as well as continued monitoring of the situation, enhanced cleaning procedures, encouragement of frequent hand washing, and screening requirements where required.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- The Caesars resorts are cleaned and disinfected daily and throughout each shift
- Team members have been trained on proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures, as well as proper usage of PPE
- High touch items have been cleaned and disinfected between use
For more information about the safety procedures and protocols at the CAESARS FORUM Conference Center in Las Vegas, click here.
Freeman (General Contractor)
- View the Safe Connect Promise
By registering and attending SHRM conferences, you consent to the following policies:
- Photography and/or recording (including audio and video) during the SHRM Conference is allowed for personal and private use only.
- Photos and/or recordings cannot be copied, altered, sold, exhibited, or further distributed without SHRM’s prior written consent.
- Photos and/or recordings are the exclusive property of SHRM. SHRM retains the right to revoke consent.
- No disruptions due to photography and/or recording shall be allowed, and violators may lose attendance privileges.
- SHRM will strictly follow COVID-19 safety procedures as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the State of Nevada, the City of Las Vegas, and any other governing Federal or local government agency.
- During your attendance at the SHRM Conferences in Las Vegas, you will be required to support our COVID-19 Safety Measures, and strictly follow our COVID-19 policies and procedures. These COVID-19 policies and procedures may include but are not limited to personal sanitization, mandatory face covering, and social distancing. These policies and procedures may be modified at any time in advance of or during the SHRM Conferences in Las Vegas.
Waiver of Lawsuit/Release of Liability:
- COVID-19 WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ATTENDING THE 2021 SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCES (SHRM) CONFERENCES & EXPO IN LAS VEGAS, NV WARNING RELATED TO COVID-19 INFECTION*
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and is very contagious.
- COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
- SHRM has taken and will continue to take all reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure; and therefore, in choosing to attend SHRM Conferences you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to COVID-19 and its potential health risks.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- I have read and understand the above warning concerning COVID-19. I acknowledge that attending a SHRM Conference is of value to me and that I accept the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 in order to attend. Therefore, I choose to accept the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and I agree that I am personally responsible for my safety and actions while attending SHRM Conferences.
- WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/ RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- I, for myself, my family, successors, and assigns hereby forever release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue SHRM, its board of directors, board members, officers, agents, servants, affiliates, employees, successors, and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity associated with SHRM Conferences.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorney fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to bodily injury, death, loss of use, monetary loss, or any other injury from or related to my attendance at SHRM Conferences specifically related to COVID-19.
Visit Navigating COVID-19 and the future of work for more SHRM resources and support.
*As times are changing, so too, are our policies.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?