The SHRM Global Talent and Mobility Syposium provides a great opportunity to add-on an educational program so that you can expand your event experience and take a deeper dive into a topic of your choosing. By adding an educational program to your conference registration, you have the opportunity to bundle and save!
Global Hiring: Complying with U.S. Visa Requirements**
November 3, 2019 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (in person) and then four, 1 ½ hour virtual sessions (times are days are TBD)
15.00 SHRM PDC
** This program is associated with a SHRM Specialty Credential and will fulfill the Educational Program component.
For more information about how you can rise above your peers and distinguish yourself by earning your SHRM Specialty Credential, visit: shrm.org/seminars/USImmCred
Individuals requiring guidance on hiring and retaining foreign nationals.
Presented in partnership with Fragomen Worldwide. Gain a high-level understanding of concepts and principles used when recruiting and retaining global high-skilled talent. Identify opportunities and limitations of the U.S. immigration system as related to employment. Learn how to maintain compliance with relevant U.S. immigration laws and regulations. Through a final practicum, demonstrate the essential skills required to identify and define key considerations when hiring or retaining a foreign national.
- Describe basic immigration terms and concepts and how they apply to the hiring process for U.S. residents and foreign nationals.
- Identify when to use immigrant and non-immigrant visas to manage the visa process and comply with federal laws and regulations associated with temporary and regular employment of foreign professionals.
- Define the I-9 employment verification process and incorporate best practices.
- Comply with federal auditing guidelines and legal requirements.
- Identify and define key considerations when hiring a foreign national by participating in various scenarios via practical lab.