Disrupt Unconscious Bias: Act on Facts not Fiction
Intended Audience: Novice
Participants will develop practical strategies to uncover hidden biases, facilitate inclusive interactions, and reduce the impact of unconscious bias.
Every second our brains receive millions of bits of information, but we can only consciously process about 40 of those bits. Those other bits result in people making decisions based on learned stereotypes – our background, environment and personal experiences. You likely know this as Unconscious Bias. Though everyone has it, there is a price to be paid for unconscious bias if it is not controlled or corrected. Our unconscious thoughts impact our organizations every day in ways we probably don't even realize, but it doesn't have to be that way. We have the power to discover and leverage the true value of those around us and to help others do the same, but it takes more than good intentions. It takes action.
- Identify and address unconscious bias in themselves and their organization
- Increase awareness of unconscious bias in recruiting, hiring, and employee development and retention
- Discover and leverage the true value of others by making real-time, fact-based decisions
- Analyze the hard and soft costs of unconscious bias
- Develop practical strategies to uncover hidden biases, facilitate inclusive interactions, and reduce the impact of unconscious bias