Purposeful Culture Change Begins with a Status Quo Breaking Story
Intended Audience: Novice
Learn the power of narrative for creating an inclusive, engaged culture and the four key stories every leader should leverage to drive action.
When change occurs, panic sets in, and most organizations struggle to maintain motivation, engagement, and inclusion through transition—primarily focusing on numbers-driven and money-focused goals with no context as to why these numbers matter or the universal aspects of the organization that unite people across diverse backgrounds and functions. In this session, you will learn the power of narrative for overcoming barriers to culture change and maintaining an engaged, inclusive culture through growth.
- Learn the science behind why people crave meaning at work and how meaning affects profit, retention, and organizational growth.
- Learn the science of how meaning is created through story and how meaningful culture is created.
- Learn the four key types of status-quo-shifting stories leaders must tell for driving motivation and action on new goals and vision.
- Gain the status-quo-shifting message framework for building more influential and purpose-driven communication.
- Engage in three writing exercises for applying this framework to your current organizational communication challenges.