It's a Journey: Creating a Culture of Inclusion
Balcony IJK (Fourth Floor) (180 rounds)
1.50 SHRM PDCs | Competencies: Consultation, Global & Cultural Effectiveness, Leadership & Navigation | Intended Audience: Beginner (Committing to I&D)
Determine which stage of evolution your organization is at in relation to diversity and culture to develop more targeted solutions for creating a culture of inclusion.
Every organization is at a different point in their diversity & inclusion journey. Understanding the mindset and focus of each stage, and the separate realities individuals operate in, is essential to moving your organization forward with practical and tailored solutions. But underlying inclusivity is culture, and knowing where you are on the culture continuum today will help you determine the level of cultural evolution you need to build a fully integrated and balanced organization.
- Understand and place your own organization on the diversity continuum.
- Recognize the mindset shifts that need to be made to support D&I as your organization progresses through the stages.
- Recognize the separate realities individuals operate within and the importance of building strong communication structures that cross multiple boundaries.
- Understand and place your own organization on the culture continuum.
- Gain a framework and language to engage senior leaders in the development of a fully equitable organization.