Mentoring Millennials: Microfeedback and Reverse and Group Mentoring
1.00 SHRM PDCs | Competencies: Communication, Global & Cultural Effectiveness, Relationship Management | Intended Audience: Mid-Level
You will learn how to improve mentoring between members of different generations to help everyone improve their abilities and increase organizational effectiveness.
Older generations grew up with long and ineffective one-on-one feedback sessions. Senior leaders told newcomers how it was, often to blank stares. Today is different: The best mentors specialize in brief and pointed conversations, focusing on one small item. In this session, we'll see how all generations can work together. This session will explore giving microfeedback to Millennials and reverse feedback to Boomers, and will describe group mentoring with Generation X, allowing us to grow together and succeed.
- Understand the differences between the generations.
- Explore the changing importance of mentoring in the modern organization.
- Learn what microfeedback is and how to deliver it.
- Learn what reverse mentoring is and how to deliver it.
- Learn how group mentoring works.