Hiring Superstars: Using Assessments to Identify and Put the Right Person in Every Job
1.00 SHRM PDCs | Competencies: HR Expertise | Intended Audience: Mid-Level
Learn how to use assessments and related technologies to hire more top-performing employees who fit your culture.
Quality candidates are becoming harder to find, and the cost of hiring mistakes is increasing. Fortunately, using an appropriate assessment can help. This session will show you how to use assessments and other technologies to get an edge in your hiring by identifying the exact skills, thinking patterns, behaviors, motivations and other factors that will make someone a top performer in your organization. You’ll also find out how to use assessments to match potential candidates to these characteristics.
- Understand how to use profiles, surveys and assessments to help acquire and retain a high-performing workforce.
- Evaluate the suitability of different types of hiring assessments for different purposes, and select from different products available in the marketplace.
- Use technology to enhance the interview process and uncover hidden candidate weaknesses so that these factors are included in your decision process.
- Know if an assessment is valid and reliable and why this is important under Equal Employment Opportunity Commission regulations.
- Avoid the five most common pitfalls associated with using assessments, and take advantage of the five biggest benefits.