Harnessing Data and Analytics to Impact Talent Management Strategies
1.00 SHRM PDCs | Competencies: Business Acumen, Global & Cultural Effectiveness, Leadership & Navigation | Intended Audience: Senior-Level
Use machine learning and data to discover at-risk employee groups, develop effective talent retention strategies and improve workforce management.
Repeated Tuesday at 4:30 p.m.
In today's ever-changing market, acquiring―and retaining―talent is a priority for every organization. As the need for employees with emerging skills increases, the race to hire top talent is fierce. While onboarding new talent is important to drive an organization forward, companies should not overlook the importance of retention strategies to maintain a strong talent pipeline internally. Making data and analytics the backbone of the human-capital planning approach best sets up organizations to help their business areas address important HR needs, such as succession planning, skills gap identification and attrition forecasting. This session will explore how businesses can use data and modern machine-learning technologies to pinpoint the factors most likely to influence employee turnover in specific job functions, thereby allowing HR to implement predictive people management strategies to ensure top talent does not walk out the door.
- Understand the importance of employing strategic talent-retention efforts alongside recruitment efforts.
- Understand the value of data in evaluating the workforce landscape.
- Use available data to develop effective tools that can inform new strategies.
- Forecast for employee change and address attrition proactively.
- Scale a workforce analytics program to fit individual business needs.