Engagement Is Broken: How to End Entitlement and Drive Big Results
1.00 SHRM PDCs | Competencies: Business Acumen, HR Expertise, Leadership & Navigation | Intended Audience: Senior-Level
You will learn groundbreaking ways to listen to, reward and attract highly accountable employees who are the true drivers of business results.
For years organizations have been investing time, money and energy into engaging employees, based on the promise that engagement drives results. But many organizations report that despite their best efforts, engagement programs just haven't delivered as expected. While engaging employees is critical, it turns out that engagement isn’t enough. Engagement without accountability creates entitlement and chaos. The organizations that cultivate a culture of personal accountability are truly winning. And when engagement and accountability meet, breakthrough results occur.
- Identify the true source of workplace happiness and engagement.
- Recognize three common flaws in typical engagement survey programs.
- Connect how these flaws are the reason that many companies’ engagement efforts are not producing the desired results.
- Apply practical tools to end entitlement and cultivate accountability, the driver of both engagement and business results.
- Apply specific action steps to introduce a focus on the cultivation of accountability within your organization.