*This seminar requires preregistration. Additional fees apply.
Be among the first and get a head start on earning your SHRM U.S. Employment Immigration Specialty Credential. Take the Global Hiring educational program requirement at #SHRMTalent before the credential launches. Register today!
Gain a high-level understanding of concepts and principles used when recruiting and retaining global high-skilled talent. Identify opportunities and limitations of the U.S. immigration system as related to employment. Learn how to maintain compliance with relevant U.S. immigration laws and regulations. Through a final practicum, demonstrate the essential skills required to identify and define key considerations when hiring or retaining a foreign national.
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Describe basic immigration terms and concepts and how they apply to the hiring process for U.S. residents and foreign nationals.
- Identify when to use immigrant and non-immigrant visas to manage the visa process and comply with federal laws and regulations associated with temporary and regular employment of foreign professionals.
- Define the I-9 employment verification process and incorporate best practices.
- Comply with federal auditing guidelines and legal requirements.
- Identify and define key considerations when hiring a foreign national by participating in various scenarios via a practical lab.
8:30 am-8:45 am
8:45 am-9:45 am
Understanding Your Organization
9:45 am-10:00 am
10:00 am-12:00 pm
Introduction to Immigration
12:00 pm-12:30 pm
12:30 pm-2:30 pm
2:30 pm-2:45 pm
2:45 pm-4:30 pm
Visa Management (Part 2)
4:30 pm-5:00 pm
8:30 am-10:45 am
10:45 am-11:00 am
11:00 am-12:00 pm
Employment Verification (Part 2)
12:00 pm-12:30 pm
12:30 pm-2:45 pm
Introduction to Federal Audit/Compliance Regulations
3:00 pm-4:45 pm
Immigration Practical Lab
4:45 pm-5:00 pm