Workplace Flexibility: Flattening the Market Through Mandates
Mount Vernon Square
1.25 SHRM PDCs | Competencies: HR Expertise, Business Acumen | Intended Audience: Mid-Level
Learn some of the latest trends in proactive, workflex practices and how various mandates, both enacted and proposed, may impact them.
Employers operate in a competitive market. Attracting and retaining top talent requires flexible design of workplace policies, programs and practices, and the market recognizes proactive employers through myriad awards and recognition programs at the national, state and local levels. So what impact do legislative mandates and executive orders have on employers that already offer these benefits? On those that don’t? Join this interactive session as we scan the market for some of the latest trends in proactive practices and compare them to various mandates, enacted and proposed, that may have great intentions and unintended consequences when it comes to practical, day-to-day application. Topics reviewed will include:
- Leave mandates, such as those relating to paid, unpaid, sick, parental, pregnancy and jury leave.
- Fair/predictive scheduling.
- Telecommuters and travel time.
- Flex scheduling and comp time.
- Remote workers, e-accessibility, nondisclosures and noncompetes.
- Alternative work schedules and overtime.