- SHRM Conferences
- Employment Law & Legislative Conference
- Talent Management Conference & Exposition
- SHRM India HR-Tech Conference & Exposition
- Annual Conference & Exposition
- Leadership Development Forum
- Diversity & Inclusion Conference & Exposition
- SHRM China HR Summit
- SHRM India Annual Conference & Exposition
- On Demand
- Affiliate Conferences
- Speaker Opportunities
- Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Contact Us
2016 Case Competition and Career Summits
- East registrationCase Competition sold out
- Central registrationCase Competition sold out
- West registration
- Registration form PDF
|Registration - Contact SHRM Member Care at 800-283-7476, option 3 or StudentRegistration@shrm.org|
|Dietary Restrictions - Contact StudentRegistration@shrm.org|
|Case Competition - Contact CaseCompetition@shrm.org|
|Summit Sponsors/Supporters - Contact StudentSponsors@shrm.org|
Atlanta Marriot Northwest at Galleria
Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek
The 2016 SHRM Student Case Competition and Career Summit is the premier student HR conference in the United States. SHRM provides world-class opportunities for students, student chapter advisors, faculty members and HR professionals to connect through events held in multiple locations across the country. You will hear from in-the-know keynote speakers, have the opportunity to sit down with local HR practitioners, and be able to engage with fellow attendees or compete in the Case Competition. This event is sure to enhance your perspective on what it means to be a member of the HR community and prepare you to advance both personally and professionally.
NEW for 2016!
New Case Competition Divisions. The Case Competition provides a realistic preview of the types of problems that students may eventually encounter in the workplace. The case study focuses on any number of HR/workplace issues and require strategic thinking, ethical decision-making, and strong leadership and presentation skills.
To “level the playing field” and more effectively address the varying experience levels of both traditional and nontraditional students, this year’s Case Competition teams will compete in one of two Division levels:
- Division I: Each team is made up of a minimum of two and a maximum of six undergraduate students, with each team member being age 25 or younger as of January 1, 2016.
- Division II: Each team is made up of a minimum of two and a maximum of six students meeting one of the criteria below:
- The team is made up entirely of graduate students (regardless of age) OR
- The team is made up of undergraduate students and at least one team member is age 26 or older as of January 1, 2016.
More Case Competition Teams. This year, 30 teams will have the opportunity to compete at each Case Competition event (East, Central and West).
Engaging Keynote Speakers. Each 2016 SHRM Student Case Competition and Career Summit features an inspiring keynote speaker with a unique message specifically for students. Be prepared to come away inspired about the future. You may want to consider who the keynote speaker will be (in addition to dates and locations) when selecting the Summit you plan to attend!
Career Connection Zone. The Career Connection Zone provides an opportunity for students to connect with their peers and HR professionals who will expand their network, increase their influence and grow their contacts list. The Career Connection Zone is part interview, part workshop and part engaging conversation. Come ready to get in the Zone!
- Case Competition/Career Summit Registration
- Event Schedule
- Hotel/Travel Information
- Student Case Competition
- Sponsor/Support Opportunities
- Students Seeking Financial Support
- Volunteer Opportunities/Registration
- Case Competition Volunteer Opportunities